One Mother Rambling Through Life

Rantings, Ravings, Strange thoughts, a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a lot of ME!

What is strength? Is it an imagined thing that we use to push ourselves through? I am strong! Is it something that we can measure? She is stronger than I could ever be. Is it something that some have and some do not? She was never strong enough for that.

"strength

  
[strengkth, strength, strenth]
                    
noun
1. the quality or state of being strong; bodily or muscular power; vigor.
2. mental power, force, or vigor.
3. moral power, firmness, or courage.
4. power by reason of influence, authority, resources, numbers, etc."
Dictionary.com
 
Above is the common definitions, or the first 4, as listed on dictionary.com.
 
It is hard to be strong in all areas of life and we sometimes stop being the merry juggler and let all of the ball drop stepping back to ask ourselves Am I strong enough?
 
We are as strong as we need to be to keep putting one foot in front of the other to move forward as much as we have the ability to do at that moment. Some moments we are moving at a snails pace and are lucky to get one foot forward and other times we are the fasted sprinter in the world. This is where the you do you idea comes into play. Don't lose heart when you feel like things are not going well and you just can't. Did you wake up today? Are you still breathing? Those two things are enough to say that you did have strength. Maybe it is not much but it is something. When I am wrestling with life's heavy thoughts and decisions that are not easy sometimes all I can promise is that I will wake up and be present. I don't call it procrastination when the reason you are putting it off is because today you can't. Mentally, physically, whatever. As long as you do it when you are back to a place you can it is not procrastination.
 
Life is hard. Don't make it harder by getting caught up in what you didn't do or can't do today. I wake up and I'm just present. I need to put the batteries on pause for the day on life so that my brain can use the energy to process the emotional wreck that life can make me. Life is worth moving forward. We only get one so take time to be weak so that you can be string enough tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers

Blog Archive